Thursday, October 8, 2009

Composition at Home

This assignment seemed familiar as Sarah handed out the Assignment sheets. We have shot for these design elements before, and I expected that it would easy to shoot again, but . . . this time we had to shoot inside our own homes. That made it a whole different game.

There were a few shots that came to mind right away, but I found that I had to really think of additional subjects and locations inside my house to shoot. The problem that I had was not leaving them where I found them but, setting them up in a way that showed their best qualities under the several headings that we were working on.

New ideas came in spurts, and sometimes it was quite difficult to come up with something fresh. But that's what keeps us growing. It's probably just a photographer's growing pain. Ouch.


1 comment: