Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"LINE 'em up!"

After having completed this shoot once, I was temporarily traumatized when my whole assignment got "lost in translation", as the files were transferred to me from another location.

So, after reshooting this assignment again, it is finally ready to be viewed. Most of my shots were made around The Forks area, with a few more taken along Broadway Avenue, for a bit of variety.

Going on this "walkabout" in search for "lines" caused me to look at things quite differently than I normally would. Instead of walking along, ignoring most things and concentrating on what was on my mind at the time, I found myself looking for shapes, colors, contrasts, shadows and any other natural phenomena that showed itself as lines.

Even after the assignment was over, I was still searching for more lines, or maybe I just couldn't turn it off. Anyway, I had a great time wandering around looking for the simplest things that expressed themselves in lines.

Please have a peek at my Picasa slide show, and let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment